Blood pressure needs to be regulated. If one has too high of blood pressure, it is hard on the heart. And too low of blood pressure, and a person will feel faint.
In order to maintain blood pressure levels, doctors will prescribe blood pressure pills to patients. However, these pills can have negative side effects.
If one wants to reduce blood pressure naturally, there are plenty of methods. At least 30 minutes of exercise per day is a good start. This will keep those veins healthy.
Aside from this, it is prudent to eat healthy. Also, reduce one’s salt intake; processed foods can be large culprits it terms of too high levels of sodium.
Lifestyle changes like cutting out smoking, reducing stress, cutting caffeine and losing excess weight can also help. In order to reduce blood pressure naturally, some people like to take minerals and herbs.
Targeted vitamin and herb intake can help to reduce blood pressure naturally. The following is a list that can reduce blood pressure naturally:
1. Vitamin E and Iron– These two substances work together to lower blood pressure. The goal is 50 to 100 IU daily, but work your way up. Vitamin E might temporarily spike blood pressure further in higher doses.
2. Magnesium– the body loses magnesium each day through sweat and other processes. Replace this with a supplement of at least500 mg per day.
3. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)– Take45 to 60 mg of CoQ10 a day to see effects. Studies done in Japan show there is a correlation between lack of CoQ10 and high blood pressure.
4. Potassium– taking as little as500 to 1,000 mg of potassium for 8 weeks has been shown in studies to begin improving blood pressure. The potassium helps to regulate salt on the body.
5. Garlic– Even as little as one clove a day of garlic can reduce blood pressure naturally.
It can be seen that reducing blood pressure naturally involves lifestyle choices as well as supplements. These changes can help someone to avoid medication, but always do so under a doctor’s supervision.